The Fall semester started yesterday and for many of you it was a familiar place to return to, but for some, The University of Borås is a totally new place. We want to welcome you all, both new and old students, to the University Library. Come to our lounge to relax, flip through the magazines, and visit with your friends. Don’t hesitate to ask when you have questions, we will try our best to make you feel comfortable at our library.
A couple of tips:
- On the first floor there is a reference copy of all compulsory course literature. You cannot borrow these books; they are for use inside the library only.
- There is a loan-copy of all course books. They can be found at the appropriate subject headings on the shelves. A lot of the course books may also be found as e-books.
- The copying machines are on floor 1 and floor 3.
- Printers can be found on floors 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- There is a quiet study room (no computers allowed) on floor 2.
- Group room booking can be done on the library’s web page
- All books are in numerical order, starting with 000 on floor 2,5 and is concluded with 999 on floor 4.
- Adjust your speaking volume – talk by all means – but in normal or lower voice. The library is a working environment for both the students and librarians. Switch your mobile to silent mode etc.
- You are not permitted to eat at the library. You may have drinks with lids, fruits and candy but if you want to eat something else the café is right outside of the library.
- When you need help with information seeking contact a librarian at the information point on floor 2.
- When you have questions or problems with you user account, Word or other computer programs contact our Computer support on floor 2. They are open 11-13 and 15-17 Monday through Thursday and 12-16 on Fridays.
- You can find math support on floor 1 Monday through Friday from 15 onwards. Students from the School of Engineering will be there to help you with math problems.
So, when you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Ps – we can see that many of you has already stopped by:-) Great!
Standing in line at the borrowing machine